New Wiki
New Wiki
As I have said before in prior announcements we are in the process of migrating from MediaWiki to Dokuwiki.

I have loaded it onto newwiki.irix.cc for the time being. Registration is currently disabled because I am still developing it but I wanted to get some community feedback on the look and feel. The forum will have its look and feel updated to match as soon as MyBB 1.9.x is stable and I've developed the new theme for it. 

You will see updates soon as I continue working on adding some documentation that I have been drafting for a while. you will notice that most of the hardware articles did not make it over, this is because we need some time to get some of our customizations to MediaWiki migrated.

I will let you know when registration is open, I unfortunately I'm not able to migrate commit history or user accounts so you will need to register again, although I am also looking into potential other options. 

The main reasons for moving are simple:
Performance - Dokuwiki is based after flat files which work better with our setup.
Backing up - no database needs to be dumped.
Security - much better track record against fan and hacking.

Please feel free to comment on this change and let me know what you think. Anything from the look and feel to the format, to extension suggestions I'm open for.

The magma of our souls burns with a mighty flame! Gurren Lagann! Just who in the hell do you think we are!?

Proud member of Team Gurren, the founder, operator, and developer behind IRIX Network. 

I'm carrying on Pete's legacy, and while I'm not perfect, I'm the only man for the job. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

[Image: daigurrensig.png]
Raion
Operator

Threads: 82
Website Find Reply
01-29-2019, 06:43 PM
RE: New Wiki
Update:

wiki.irix.cc. is now locked against editing and newwiki.irix.cc is open for registration.

The magma of our souls burns with a mighty flame! Gurren Lagann! Just who in the hell do you think we are!?

Proud member of Team Gurren, the founder, operator, and developer behind IRIX Network. 

I'm carrying on Pete's legacy, and while I'm not perfect, I'm the only man for the job. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

[Image: daigurrensig.png]
Raion
Operator

Threads: 82
Website Find Reply
01-30-2019, 12:57 AM