Photos
Photos
In the end, I found time and organized a small photo gallery of my computers. So far, there are only photos of the Sun E450 parts (almost all parts are for sale). In the near future I am going to upload photos of Onyx parts. I took pictures of almost all parts of Onyx Rack and Deskside. All photos should be available in high resolution (> 8 MPix). I made these photos on my own and everyone in this forum can freely use these photos in any way. On request, I can provide (if available) photos in higher resolution or any other photos.

OnyxR Onyx
mosiniak
Onyx

Threads: 13
Find Reply
04-15-2019, 09:07 PM
RE: Photos
Nice, have you managed to successfully power-on the Onyx Rack?
GL1zdA
AlphaPowered

Threads: 3
Find Reply
04-16-2019, 09:59 AM
RE: Photos
(04-16-2019, 09:59 AM)GL1zdA Wrote:  Nice, have you managed to successfully power-on the Onyx Rack?

Yes, I powered it on, but there is no operating system installed yet. I left it powered up for about 12 hours and everything was OK. It is quite loud (two big fans at top and two small fans in OLS) and generates a lot of heat. I have to install OS and check the IR subsystem if there are any problems.

I bought this system on scrapyard specializing in military equipment. The owner of the scrapyard wanted to convert it into fridge. Fortunately due to lack of time he resigned and sold it. This Onyx was (probably) bought by army for weather forecasting and was never used. It was only powered up for  for some short time and then switched off for the rest of time. Inside it there was lot of dust (on each top surface) and there was a lot of dead spiders. Now it is clean and operational. After installing the OS and performing tests I want to sell it.

OnyxR Onyx
mosiniak
Onyx

Threads: 13
Find Reply
04-16-2019, 11:49 AM