how to use the uae amiga emulator?

For discussion of the IRIX OS and the software ecosystem surrounding it, including troubleshooting.
gijoe77

how to use the uae amiga emulator?

Post by gijoe77 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:01 am

Anyone know how to use the nekoware uae emulator? I never used an amiga before, really wanted to finally play with it - I launch the nekoware version (0.8.28), I go to the memory tab, for the kickstart ROM I select "Kickstart_v3.1_A4000T.rom", then click reset and it all crashes, I get an error in my console that UAE received an X window system error.

I recall there was a thread on nekoware about launching UAE, but I dun goofed by not wgetting all of nekochan as I was planning on doing

gijoe77

Re: how to use the uae amiga emulator?

Post by gijoe77 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:58 am

ok I gave up on nekoware's uae emulator - I think its broken. I compiled a newer version (0.8.29-WIP4) and it works fantastic. Seems to run full speed on my tezro from what I can tell, runs ok on my o2 I suppose. I really dunno shit about amigas, but I want to learn. any pointers/feedback on where to start would be cool. For now I'm just loading up demos and chilling to some cool midi music

I attached my builds, one is GL the other is X11, I think the X11 appears to runs faster for me

I also attached the files I was running if someone wants to give this a quick spin.

I launch uae_x11, under the memory tab, I go to kickstart ROM file and select kickstart_v1.1, then under the floppy disks tab, i insert alteredbeast/abeast.d1 and click start.