Suggestion..

For discussion, news and announcements relevant to the site.
uunix

Suggestion..

Post by uunix » Wed May 23, 2018 4:27 pm

I am without doubt getting very tiered of that Italian Carlos.. aka.. ivelegacy etc etc etc..

I'm tired of his list of insults that he produces and actually change with each appearance and the fact he is just typing them out as he goes along or pasting them from a pretty crap list he has made up over his night of taking some thing that is mind bending and also the fact that none of this is proven at all and (sorry for the many 'ands' in one sentence).. and the fact that many of us have in our possession multiple threatening emails directly from said person.

I for one, want a forum with a bit of banter but mainly factual and helpfulness.

I wrote a program some time ago that interrogates a selected email and will produce all headers, attributes etc and any trace across the world from where this email originated and also user or system attributes. This program requires I'm afraid a .net framework of above 5 but hey.. that's the world I live in.

Therefore I would suggest anyone with such an email, send me a screen shot of email and if applicable I will run program to identify the sender and the properties and we can collectively look into legal action against said user.

On top of this, I have suggested that this become a closed read only to members forum and that automated registration be removed and request made from potential users that supply a valid email address. This would not in any way contravene any GDPR is it would be stated at the landing page that the use of the email address if to ensure users are legitimate.

The downside maybe, new SGI user trying to find information, but, the search result would in fact work, but access to the site would be denied until the administrator accepted a valid email address which could be then traced back to the provider. It may require a bit of effort to produce this utopia of a site, but I suspect worth it.

Thoughts.. ?

[Edit] Unfortunately the program I wrote will only integrate Outlook emails.. again.. that's the world I live in.
[Edit Edit] I'd also like to apologize to the fact that I sort of mentored this guy and tried my best to get him to learn English and Humour.. I never knew I'd produce a fecking Darth Vader...
Hey Ho Pip And Dandy!!!!!
:Onyx2: :O2K_d-1: :O200: :tezro: :Octane2c: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy: :320:

commodorejohn

Re: Suggestion..

Post by commodorejohn » Wed May 23, 2018 5:27 pm

It seems like overkill. He's annoying, but ultimately he just pops up, outs himself within a week by his sheer compulsion to rant about the cosmic injustices perpetuated against his previous alts, and gets banned again. It's not like some crazies I've seen on other forums where they manage to cause actual serious friction within the community with their drama. Locking things down to that extent would do far greater damage to a budding community than dealing with him the usual way.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Kilpatrick Phenol, Behringer Model D

HAL

Post by HAL » Wed May 23, 2018 5:39 pm

Commodrejohn wrote:
It seems like overkill. He's annoying, but ultimately he just pops up, outs himself within a week by his sheer compulsion
You are right, he's like one of those folks running naked over the football ground disturbing the game for a short period of time.
But damn, this is not the right place for mentally sick people.

Raion-Fox
Founder

Post by Raion-Fox » Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 pm

He's begging me to remove the topic:

https://twitter.com/search?q=ivelegacy

If you want me to remove the topic so badly Carlo, please leave us alone.
I'm the manager

Besides irix.cc, I run these sites:

projectkitsune.com

kazuo.io

uunix

Post by uunix » Wed May 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Do not remove any of his topics..

uunix

Post by uunix » Wed May 23, 2018 6:21 pm

commodorejohn wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:27 pm
It seems like overkill. He's annoying, but ultimately he just pops up, outs himself within a week by his sheer compulsion to rant about the cosmic injustices perpetuated against his previous alts, and gets banned again. It's not like some crazies I've seen on other forums where they manage to cause actual serious friction within the community with their drama. Locking things down to that extent would do far greater damage to a budding community than dealing with him the usual way.
I don't agree.. what damage..?

This gay has threatened us personally.. and made both sites uncomfortable.

Lets have a bit of control here. Do not forget, he is subject to law as much as we are.
[Edit} Sorry I meant 'This Guy..

uunix

Post by uunix » Wed May 23, 2018 6:47 pm

So again, if you have received any email[s] from Mr legacy, please send me a screen shot of the email and It's legitimate I will trace the source, and we can apply any EU laws applicable against the individual.

commodorejohn

Post by commodorejohn » Wed May 23, 2018 6:51 pm

What I mean is, there's no damage to relationships within the community when he does his little song-and-dance. He comes, he blusters, he's banned, lather, rinse, repeat, but nobody in the set of "every other community member besides ivelegacy" is having any falling-outs over it. That's in contrast to some other comparably compulsive alt-trolls I've seen in other communities. And since that is (for the moment, and probably forever, since it's extremely hard to imagine this guy having the nerve or the means to back up his online behavior IRL in a concrete way) the worst of it, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile tradeoff for actually locking down a forum and demanding that prospective new members pass some kind of background check to prove that they aren't this random crazy guy from Italy.

(That kind of vetting is specifically what caused the friction I alluded to with the one case on another forum I frequent - the drama fallout from playing "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" every time a newbie got accused of being a certain former member has done far more damage to community relationships and trust than any of their actual shenanigans, and they were at least twice as bad as ivelegacy in that regard.)

Now, taking some kind of direct action against him would be a much preferable alternative to fortifying the boards against all newcomers in hopes of warding off this one guy. I just don't know if anything he's done is actually actionable - has he actually threatened people in a credible way? I can't recall anything like that myself, but I'm only privy to what was public on Nekochan and what he said to me personally via email.
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Kilpatrick Phenol, Behringer Model D

uunix

Post by uunix » Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 pm

commodorejohn wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:51 pm
Now, taking some kind of direct action against him would be a much preferable alternative to fortifying the boards against all newcomers in hopes of warding off this one guy. I just don't know if anything he's done is actually actionable - has he actually threatened people in a credible way? I can't recall anything like that myself, but I'm only privy to what was public on Nekochan and what he said to me personally via email.
Sorry to cut most of what you have said out, and I agree in parts but not mainly, it's energy that we just don't want, but the point is yes.. You may not be privy to it but I and for want of many others have been subject to such threats from him. Not only that, there are statements that are being reproduced that are not true, never were and are obviously made up, they don't exists and they change each time he quotes something. This thread is now some three or four pages long and it all because Mr Legacy, Carolos from Italy the bloke [SNIP] and all other sorts of other things (and Mr Carlos, yes I still have them) cannot leave us alone even after the fact he made great speeches of leaving us.. I have had enough I am afraid.. pop up one week or nothing.. the GDPR may actually be a good thing now.

commodorejohn

Post by commodorejohn » Wed May 23, 2018 7:12 pm

Hmm.