Downloading or purchasing HP-UX
Downloading or purchasing HP-UX
Hi

I bought an old server hp rx4640 for 160$ on the online auction, but I do not have the cd with the operating system for it.

Can you tell me if it is the way to obtain CDs with HP-UX form HPE?
What kind of version can I get from HPE? Do I have to pay for it?

Do you I have to buy a cd with the operating system if I want to run the current version of HP-UX? In this case, can you recommend the online store where can I buy the most basic version of HP-UX? I would like to learn about HP-UX at home, so I am interested to find the cheap CD with HP-UX. Any ideas?
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 10:39 PM by gbudny.)
gbudny
O2

Threads: 1
Find Reply
01-04-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: Downloading or purchasing HP-UX
Hi gbudny!!!

Nice machine you bought there.

I know of 4 ways of getting HP-UX:

1. Sales representative

Get in touch with an HPE sales rep. who will get you all you need along WITH the required licenses. You get download links for the pertinent iso images.

If you are a hobbyist, this shouldn't be an option for you.

2. Friends/other hobbyists

Let someone kindly hand you over a copy of v2 (in your case both 11.22 and 11.23 can be run) or a copy of v3.

3. Buy online (ebay, craigslist, wallapop, ...)

You'll have to keep an eye on a daily basis to get the CDs you are looking for. Expect complete sets as you would only get through a sales rep.

Definitely worth it if you have the money.

4. Torrent/eMule/Warez

From time to time this kind of software gets uploaded to those networks. From my own experience, most CDs and/or sets worked ok.

On a sidenote, don't overlook the fact your machine can handle OpenVMS and Linux too, if that can be of any interest for you.

Tru
TruHobbyist
O2

Threads: 6
Find Reply
01-05-2019, 11:34 AM