My first look at Flame 2008 SP-6
RE: My first look at Flame 2008 SP-6
Excellent chap, good video.

Now, a time saving issue.. well, this is my setup. for the ffmpeg copy stuff. I have a shared folder from my mac to my Windows server, this folder is shared via nfs by the Windows server and also mounted at boot up by the Tezro or IRIX machine. So you fmpeg from the mac into that folder and it appears immediately on the Tezro. I'm sure you can by-pass the windows and mount an nfs share directly from the mac or a Linux machine (I actually use mint to ffmpeg). Now, rather than navigate when you wish to load your individual clip images, at the top right you can set your mounted folder as a bookmark and just go directly to the folders within.

Next, the locked library. I am unsure why, but I presume you are loading the default library on each project load. I have found when importing you need to create a new library (click Default lower left and select NEW). I haven't though looked into this and have been lucky that any import only required a single import, so unsure at the moment how it would be if I need to import two clips in the project as yet.

Otherwise, glad you are making progress. The interface in disctreet products may seem a bit alien to most, but with flame, I always have on my mind that I am laying old style cine film on a table.

Importing clips is fine, the next challenge I suspect for you is capturing. Have you got yourself a VBOB yet?

Hope this helps.

Hey Ho Pip And Dandy!!!!!

Onyx2 :O2K_d-1: Origin 200 :tezro: Octane2 O2 Indigo Indy :320:
uunix
Octane

Threads: 27
Find Reply
12-04-2018, 09:36 PM
(12-04-2018, 09:36 PM)uunix Wrote:  Excellent chap, good video.

Now, a time saving issue.. well, this is my setup. for the ffmpeg copy stuff. I have a shared folder from my mac to my Windows server, this folder is shared via nfs by the Windows server and also mounted at boot up by the Tezro or IRIX machine. So you fmpeg from the mac into that folder and it appears immediately on the Tezro. I'm sure you can by-pass the windows and mount an nfs share directly from the mac or a Linux machine (I actually use mint to ffmpeg). Now, rather than navigate when you wish to load your individual clip images, at the top right you can set your mounted folder as a bookmark and just go directly to the folders within.

Next, the locked library. I am unsure why, but I presume you are loading the default library on each project load. I have found when importing you need to create a new library (click Default lower left and select NEW). I haven't though looked into this and have been lucky that any import only required a single import, so unsure at the moment how it would be if I need to import two clips in the project as yet.

Otherwise, glad you are making progress. The interface in disctreet products may seem a bit alien to most, but with flame, I always have on my mind that I am laying old style cine film on a table.

Importing clips is fine, the next challenge I suspect for you is capturing. Have you got yourself a VBOB yet?

Hope this helps.

Thanks very Much! Smile

Thanks for the advice with regards to getting the clips from the Mac into Flame.

I'll lake a look into managing the library to see if I can sort the problem out. (I also need to do quite a bit of reading!)

I don't have a VBOB as yet, but it's definitely on the to do list.

[Image: rZbyrYx.png]
Irinikus
Connoisseur

Threads: 80
Website Find Reply
12-05-2018, 04:12 AM
Very nice.. I have attempted several time to get flame 2008 SP6 working but I can never get the FrameStore to accept the FS filesystem.. always errors out. tried it on Medea Video raids, SGI option drive, and even SGI branded external hardrives and get the same error message "Failed to create file system".

Great video BTW.

Octane 2x400mhz R12000A Octane, MXE, 4gig Ram

1600SW O2 400mhz R12000 O2, 1gig Ram AV1 - 250gig Media' raid

Indy 180mhz R5000 Indy XZ 256mb ram

Intel i7-990x 3.46GHz Extreme 6 core / Quadro 5000 & 2 x Tesla C2075 / 24gig Ram

Belkin Omniview SE Pro 4 port KVM connecting all 4 systems displaying on one 27" BenQ Zowie monitor.
bjames
Octane

Threads: 50
Find Reply
12-14-2018, 04:28 PM
(12-14-2018, 04:28 PM)bjames Wrote:  Very nice.. I have attempted several time to get flame 2008 SP6 working but I can never get the FrameStore to accept the FS filesystem.. always errors out. tried it on Medea Video raids, SGI option drive, and even SGI branded external hardrives and get the same error message "Failed to create file system".

Great video BTW.

Thanks! Smile

I hope you get it up and running!

[Image: rZbyrYx.png]
Irinikus
Connoisseur

Threads: 80
Website Find Reply
12-14-2018, 05:53 PM
(12-14-2018, 04:28 PM)bjames Wrote:  Very nice.. I have attempted several time to get flame 2008 SP6 working but I can never get the FrameStore to accept the FS filesystem.. always errors out. tried it on Medea Video raids, SGI option drive, and even SGI branded external hardrives and get the same error message "Failed to create file system".

Great video BTW.

did you ever try making a single drive a framestore? I'm assuming that's what you mean by option drive - perhaps you can go through the steps in detail and we can see if we can try to give you a hand. setting up the stone is a major pain
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 06:30 PM by gijoe77.)
gijoe77
Tezro

Threads: 28
Find Reply
12-14-2018, 06:29 PM