Installation Success - 6.5 on Indigo
Installation Success - 6.5 on Indigo
OK wanted to update you all on what is going on with my Indigo suprise 4k.

After suggestions here I ordered some ram from ebay for a great price and I had to order a SCSI2SD as the SCSI to SSD board I had from AztecMonster (Japan) had scsi bus errors. I got the v6 SCSI2SD which is apparently much faster than the older v5 models, so we'll see how it goes.

Has anyone compiled iozone for Irix?

Here are pics:
https://imgur.com/a/UaCBiNJ

I installed the RAM and thanks to the amazing work of HalfManHalfTaco (https://github.com/halfmanhalftaco/irixboot) the netboot has been flawless.

A firmware update from Drako solved the issue with my USB->Indigo Keyboard and Mouse adapter and my mouse started working perfectly.

The irixboot from HMHT's vagrant solution worked and while the SCSI2SD had an issue where it was mapping all 6 SCSI IDs (see photos) the real disk ID 1 - worked and I just had to wait for INST to timeout looking for the other 5 IDs (which don't exist).

I'm waiting for the installer to finish up and then I'll try my first Irix 6.5.22 boot from this thing.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 11:03 PM by massiverobot.)
massiverobot
O2

Threads: 6
Find Reply
11-07-2018, 11:01 PM
RE: Installation Success - 6.5 on Indigo
[Image: 2fHb9JQ.jpg]
Unless you really have 7 hard disks attaches, you have a conflict between your disk and the SCSI controller. This usually means the disk is jumpered for SCSI ID #0, which is already taken by the SCSI controller. You cannot change the ID of the controller, so you should change the device ID of the disk. Normally, in MIPS/IRIX systems the system disk is ID #1.
jan-jaap
SGI Collector

Threads: 4
Website Find Reply
11-07-2018, 11:40 PM
RE: Installation Success - 6.5 on Indigo
(11-07-2018, 11:40 PM)jan-jaap Wrote:  [Image: 2fHb9JQ.jpg]
Unless you really have 7 hard disks attaches, you have a conflict between your disk and the SCSI controller. This usually means the disk is jumpered for SCSI ID #0, which is already taken by the SCSI controller. You cannot change the ID of the controller, so you should change the device ID of the disk. Normally, in MIPS/IRIX systems the system disk is ID #1.

Ugh- I solved this. I had gotten an active terminator for the back SCSI port and assumed you need it on. It was causing that issue the whole time. I finally realized I didn't try this without the terminator on the back of the Indigo- when I yanked it off and booted the SCSI2SD was perfectly normal.
massiverobot
O2

Threads: 6
Find Reply
11-08-2018, 04:47 PM