Thread Closed

problems with emails ?
problems with emails ?
Hey,

A few days ago I logged in again on this forum,
and I forgot I had used an unusual password on it,
due to the requirement of a capital,
and thought I must have made a mistake, so I hit the link on the login page to reset your password,
and entered my email address,
after which I got the usual page saying I should check my email for a message with details, etc...

Never received any email though, so I tried again 3 times, and no success,
never got an email...

Good thing I remembered my password and managed to log back in the next day...

Anywhoo I thought I'd point this out...
Radiance
radiance
Indigo2

Threads: 9
Find
09-04-2018, 10:40 AM
RE: problems with emails ?
Hey mate,

Yeah deliverability to Gmail is something we have given up on. We use Zoho, have all proper DNS set up etc. Nothing I can do.

I'm the manager
Besides IRIX Network, I run these sites:
projectkitsune.com

Tezro
Origin 2000 Deskside
Octane2
Indigo2 IMPACT
Indigo2
 O2
3x Indy

Raion
Operator

Threads: 70
Website Find
09-04-2018, 04:17 PM
I owned the luxrender.com and octanerender.com sites and phpbb forums until a few years ago,
and i simply let sendmail on the freebsd server in question deliver the mail to wherever necessary,
it worked like a charm and works with the default sendmail config on freebsd installs.

What is zoho ? Am i getting old ?!? Wink

Radiance
radiance
Indigo2

Find
09-05-2018, 10:24 AM
(09-05-2018, 10:24 AM)radiance Wrote:  I owned the luxrender.com and octanerender.com sites and phpbb forums until a few years ago,
and i simply let sendmail on the freebsd server in question deliver the mail to wherever necessary,
it worked like a charm and works with the default sendmail config on freebsd installs.

What is zoho ? Am i getting old ?!? Wink

Radiance

Unfortunately this relies on a number of things:

1. No major email providers will accept Sendmail or php mail(); generated email.
2. It requires good IP reputation. And that's just a pain to maintain.
3. It still will send a lot of email to spam.

Zoho is a third party email provider ala Google Suite, Office 365 etc. I have it use direct SMTP authentication to a noreply@ email hosted there.

We get extremely good deliverability reports, 95%. Google still silently drops our email.

So I said Fuck Google. We don't have time to mess with it.

I'm the manager
projectkitsune.com

Tezro
Origin 2000 Deskside
Octane2
Indigo2 IMPACT
Indigo2
 O2
3x Indy

Raion
Operator

Website Find
09-05-2018, 06:44 PM
pffff things seem to have changed a lot during the last years... I'm glad i'm out Wink
still there has to be a general solution to this no ? Should I take the time to investigate or are you 100% decided ?

Radiance
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 02:08 AM by radiance.)
radiance
Indigo2

Find
09-06-2018, 02:07 AM
(09-06-2018, 02:07 AM)radiance Wrote:  pffff things seem to have changed a lot during the last years... I'm glad i'm out Wink
still there has to be a general solution to this no ? Should I take the time to investigate or are you 100% decided ?

Radiance

Spent the last two days investigating. This is the best solution, because anything else would require me to fight with Google's L1 Indian technical support when I email their abuse team and spend days arguing back and forth. It's a waste of time. People don't like it? They're free to try running their own forum. It isn't gumdrops and ice cream. Especially when your member base is relatively technically literate. I don't make decisions like this lightly. It heads off a lot of issues.

I'm the manager
projectkitsune.com

Tezro
Origin 2000 Deskside
Octane2
Indigo2 IMPACT
Indigo2
 O2
3x Indy

Raion
Operator

Website Find
09-06-2018, 04:12 AM
Radiance, your posts are incorrect and I would appreciate it if you don't talk like you know our setup. Because its a lot like getting into a car driven by a friend and then telling them either how to drive or what every little thing in their car does and your only experience is automatic pickup trucks and the car being driven is a manual Subaru.

I'm the manager
projectkitsune.com

Tezro
Origin 2000 Deskside
Octane2
Indigo2 IMPACT
Indigo2
 O2
3x Indy

Raion
Operator