Notifications?
Notifications?
Is it just me, or is anybody else not getting notifications of when someone replies to a thread you're subscribed to?

Yes, I've tried toggling the settings in my user control panel back and forth.

I fix basket cases.
GRudolf94
Octane

Threads: 8
Find Reply
08-02-2018, 11:28 PM
Re: Notifications?
Notifications by email? Unfortunately there are issues with Google Mail (what you have as an email address) delivering some notifications. You may need to use something like Protonmail or a non-free email address to get it to work.

The magma of our souls burns with a mighty flame! Gurren Lagann! Just who in the hell do you think we are!?

Proud member of Team Gurren, the founder, operator, and developer behind IRIX Network. 

I'm carrying on Pete's legacy, and while I'm not perfect, I'm the only man for the job. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

[Image: daigurrensig.png]
Raion
Operator

Threads: 82
Website Find Reply
08-02-2018, 11:39 PM
Oh. I'll try setting it to my university email address. But alas, in-site notifications also do not work. I just get notifications for PM's. You see anything that I'm not seeing, Fox?

I fix basket cases.
GRudolf94
Octane

Find Reply
08-03-2018, 12:46 AM
I get in-site notifications. To test, quote this post in a reply and I'll screenshot it

The magma of our souls burns with a mighty flame! Gurren Lagann! Just who in the hell do you think we are!?

Proud member of Team Gurren, the founder, operator, and developer behind IRIX Network. 

I'm carrying on Pete's legacy, and while I'm not perfect, I'm the only man for the job. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

Raion
Operator

Website Find Reply
08-03-2018, 02:15 AM
<QUOTE author="Raion-Fox" post_id="1935" time="1533262513" user_id="49">
Raion-Fox post_id=1935 time=1533262513 user_id=49 Wrote:I get in-site notifications. To test, quote this post in a reply and I'll screenshot it

I also get in-site notifications, <B><U>if I'm quoted</U></B>. I'm using Safari as a browser.

[Image: rZbyrYx.png]
Irinikus
Connoisseur

Threads: 105
Website Find Reply
08-03-2018, 03:28 AM
I get quoted when you quoted me and it pinged me here.

I'm gonna test reply notifications

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Raion
Operator

Website Find Reply
08-03-2018, 03:31 AM
<QUOTE author="Raion-Fox" post_id="1935" time="1533262513" user_id="49">
Raion-Fox post_id=1935 time=1533262513 user_id=49 Wrote:I get in-site notifications. To test, quote this post in a reply and I'll screenshot it

There you go. Now try quoting me

EDIT: Duh, had to refresh, hadn't seen one post. Still, result is the same under chrome or firefox, linux or windows (or android, for that matter). cache on neither is stale.

I just went to look at my notifications again: I do get notified when quoted (or PM'd), but I don't see thread replies anyway

I fix basket cases.
GRudolf94
Octane

Find Reply
08-03-2018, 07:09 AM
We'll test this some more internally. If it turns out to be a PHPBB bug or a cron issue, I'll see if I can fix it, but currently we're getting very inconsistent results. I'm showing in the ACP that emails are being sent out for users who sub to topics. <QUOTE author="GRudolf94" post_id="1940" time="1533280165" user_id="170">
GRudolf94 post_id=1940 time=1533280165 user_id=170 Wrote:There you go. Now try quoting me
I just went to look at my notifications again: I do get notified when quoted (or PM'd), but I don't see thread replies anyway

Try replying to the thread without quoting me. I want to test for email notifs.

Raion
Operator

Website Find Reply
08-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Been away for a while. Heh

I fix basket cases.
GRudolf94
Octane

Find Reply
08-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Yes, I got an email and in-site notification.

I'm afraid I'm not able to duplicate the issue at this time.

Raion
Operator

Website Find Reply
08-06-2018, 08:39 PM