Rendering in Maya 6.5 (A simple speaker drive unit.)
RE: Rendering in Maya 6.5 (A simple speaker drive unit.)
Here's a video showing a "practical" demonstration of the principal shown in this thread:

[Image: rZbyrYx.png]
Irinikus
Connoisseur

Threads: 120
Website Find Reply
02-02-2019, 04:08 AM
How would you approach manufacturing? Also, have you ever created a prototype?

Octane 2x400O2 300O2 400Origin 200 2x250
Intuition
Octane

Threads: 20
Find Reply
02-03-2019, 01:50 AM
(02-03-2019, 01:50 AM)Intuition Wrote:  How would you approach manufacturing? Also, have you ever created a prototype?

As far as prototyping of an actual functional unit is concerned, I've been waiting for 3D-Printing to become viable The design would work best if it were to be manufactured radially symmetrically, hence the internal structures would be rather difficult to produce if not 3D-Printed initially.

As far as an actual product is concerned, the parts would more than likely be dye-cast. (and further machined as required)

As far as the selection of materials go, for now, I plan to use brass with strategically placed lead-inlay for the metal components and lead-crystal glass for the outer structure.

As far as future possibilities go, the idea that I came up within Maya 6.5 is more than likely the path I would take. Manufacture modules that customers can arrange to build up speakers as they'd like too. Take note that I haven't yet designed the mid-range and tweeter modules in Maya6.5.

In other words, if someone wants a speaker just consisting of a woofer, mid-range and tweeter, they then just buy the necessary modules, and if someone wants a huge line-array system then that can also be built up with the available modules.

A problem that I have with speaker manufacturers, is that they tend to manufacture speakers of different sizes and varying degrees of quality to fit different budgets, I would like to try something different in manufacturing modules that can be arranged as required to meet any requirement. (also allowing for easy upgrade options.)

I think I must get back to work in Maya soon to demonstrate graphically what I mean.

[Image: rZbyrYx.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 04:31 PM by Irinikus.)
Irinikus
Connoisseur

Threads: 120
Website Find Reply
02-03-2019, 05:02 AM