Name projects you care about
Name projects you care about
Besides us of course <3.

I personally care about the four main BSDs, illumos/OpenIndiana, and Devuan in the OS arena.

In terms of other projects, I really am passionate about include Lumina desktop environment, the OpenVMS hobbyist scene and the AROS project.

I'm the manager
Besides IRIX Network, I run these sites:
projectkitsune.com

Tezro
Octane2
Indigo2 IMPACT
Indigo2
3x O2
3x Indy

Raion
Operator

Threads: 68
Website Find Reply
06-14-2018, 10:27 PM
Re: Name projects you care about
Devuan and any other *nixen free from the systemd taint are definitely crucial in these dark times.

There's a part of me that still holds out faint hopes that some day Haiku might finally get back on track, but the fallout from the walled-garden repository zealots taking over was nasty (nasty as in "the maintainer of the primary Haiku/BeOS software archive on the Internet up and nuked his site in protest,") and it's been just this side of dead ever since, so that's probably a bit pie-in-the-sky.

ReactOS is another project I'd really love to see come to fruition, but don't have any realistic hopes for.

What I really wish was that there was a decent open laptop project I could get invested in; I'd kill for something with well-supported modern guts in a chassis designed for usability rather than chic thinness and a decent aspect ratio.

Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Nord Lead 2, Behringer Model D
commodorejohn
PDP-X

Threads: 6
Find Reply
06-14-2018, 11:00 PM
Re: Name projects you care about
I was a big proponent of the X Window System until they f-ing deprecated both Xlib and Xt... Sad

Project: Temporarily lost at sea

Plan: World domination! Or something...
vishnu
Octane

Threads: 1
Find Reply
06-16-2018, 06:20 AM