Name projects you care about
Name projects you care about
Besides us of course <3.

I personally care about the four main BSDs, illumos/OpenIndiana, and Devuan in the OS arena.

In terms of other projects, I really am passionate about include Lumina desktop environment, the OpenVMS hobbyist scene and the AROS project.

The magma of our souls burns with a mighty flame! Gurren Lagann! Just who in the hell do you think we are!?

Proud member of Team Gurren, the founder, operator, and developer behind IRIX Network. 

I'm carrying on Pete's legacy, and while I'm not perfect, I'm the only man for the job. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

[Image: daigurrensig.png]
Raion
Operator

Threads: 82
Website Find Reply
06-14-2018, 10:27 PM
Re: Name projects you care about
Devuan and any other *nixen free from the systemd taint are definitely crucial in these dark times.

There's a part of me that still holds out faint hopes that some day Haiku might finally get back on track, but the fallout from the walled-garden repository zealots taking over was nasty (nasty as in "the maintainer of the primary Haiku/BeOS software archive on the Internet up and nuked his site in protest,") and it's been just this side of dead ever since, so that's probably a bit pie-in-the-sky.

ReactOS is another project I'd really love to see come to fruition, but don't have any realistic hopes for.

What I <I>really</I> wish was that there was a decent open laptop project I could get invested in; I'd kill for something with well-supported modern guts in a chassis designed for usability rather than <I>chic</I> thinness and a decent aspect ratio.

Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Nord Lead 2, Behringer Model D
commodorejohn
PDP-X

Threads: 6
Find Reply
06-14-2018, 11:00 PM
Re: Name projects you care about
I was a big proponent of the X Window System until they f-ing deprecated both Xlib and Xt... Sad

Project: Temporarily lost at sea
Plan: World domination! Or something...
vishnu
Octane

Threads: 1
Find Reply
06-16-2018, 06:20 AM