I think i found an IRIX software repository
I think i found an IRIX software repository
Hello, some time ago i found a software repository for IRIX, i see there are many ISOs, for example Maya, Matador, SoftImage, Mathemica, Photoshop and many other programs. Let me know if they work, because i haven't any SGI machine to test (i've got introduced from Dodoid's videos, but i can't afford any SGI machine because they're too much expensive for my pockets).
If it violates rules i will remove the post.
Link: http://retrogeeks.org/sgi/files
Str1kernaut
O2

Threads: 2
Find Reply
06-07-2018, 04:18 PM
Re: I think i found an IRIX software repository
Wow, interesting! That version of Shake is not the latest, if anyone wants the latest (i.e. final) release of Shake for IRIX, lemme know... Tongue

EDIT: Is it just me or are the smileys turned off for everyone now? And, the rationale for that...?

Project: Temporarily lost at sea

Plan: World domination! Or something...
vishnu
Octane

Threads: 1
Find Reply
06-07-2018, 05:34 PM
I just ran across those a couple days ago! The FTP proper doesn't let you download though, and there's only a subset linked from html. Grabbed all of those. Photoshop and Illustrator want to work except for the display postscript agent failing to auto load (which in the case of Ill. keeps it from starting completely, because Adobe vector stuff).

EDIT: Just saw this, "Photoshop installation .Xserver support Postscript?", so it's me, not the installers.

Indigo Octane Octane
mangoduck
O2

Find Reply
06-08-2018, 02:32 AM
Oh yeah, and hi! Smile

Indigo Octane Octane
mangoduck
O2

Find Reply
06-08-2018, 02:33 AM
Let me know if any of you have any luck installing any of these, as I tried to install a few last night, and there were either issues or there was no way to license them?

[Image: rZbyrYx.png]
Irinikus
Connoisseur

Threads: 76
Website Find Reply
06-08-2018, 03:58 AM
There were readmes and patches in the .tars I looked at.

Indigo Octane Octane
mangoduck
O2

Find Reply
06-09-2018, 07:47 AM
vishnu post_id=815 time=1528392861 user_id=60 Wrote:Wow, interesting! That version of Shake is not the latest, if anyone wants the latest (i.e. final) release of Shake for IRIX, lemme know... Tongue

EDIT: Is it just me or are the smileys turned off for everyone now? And, the rationale for that...?

I'm PMing you... ;-)

sgi lover - Jesi, Italy.

O2 5k@300MHz 780Mb RAM - "Frodo"

:Fuelb: R12k@600MHz, 2Gb RAM - "Enzo"

Indy still to explore
cascatino
O2

Find Reply
06-22-2018, 02:03 PM
@Irinikus :
Is the latest Irix version of Shake is 3.50.0308 ?

@mangoduck :
I met the problem and I have described the process to solve it in a Nekochan's post (-_-!cry)

I remember the fist things to do is to install DPSNXBasic_2.1.1 and TypeInstaller_1.1 ... (there is more details docs like getstarted.ps (Illustrator) and InstallGuide.pdf (Photoshop).

IconCatalog:Applications
Photoshop
Illustrator
Acroread (optional)
Separator
Typeinstaller

/usr/adobe/Acroread_2.1
/usr/adobe/DPSNXBasic_2.1.1
/usr/adobe/IllustratorExtras_5.5
usr/adobe/Illustrator_5.5
usr/adobe/Photoshop_3.0.1
usr/adobe/TypeInstaller_1.1

/usr/bin/dpsnx.agent (command script file)

/usr/lib/DPS
/usr/lib/DPS/AdobeFonts.upr
/usr/lib/DPS/DPSFont.upr
/usr/lib/DPS/AFM
/usr/lib/DPS/outline

/usr/share/psres/DPS/dpsnx.vm

Take a look to : usr/adobe/DPSNXBasic_2.1.1/custom/SITE_PSRESOURCEPATH
You do have 1 line : SITE_PSRESOURCEPATH=$HOME/psres:/usr/share/psres

———————————————————————————————
Nevermind if SGI is dead ... In SGI I trust (^_^!)

Octane 1x400Mhz / 2Go Ram / V8 / Irix 6.5.26
def13
O2

Threads: 5
Find Reply
06-22-2018, 03:29 PM
Crazy thing is that the Houdini version there didn't work as far as the license gen but the Houdini 5.5 that was already installed on my o2 had an expired license.

BUT, the license gen in that Houdini tar on the ftp worked for the Houdini 5.5 version on the o2. I copied it to the Octane and other o2 as is in the folder. I can gen licenses for each one correctly. The only hangup is that the licenses generated expire in 2012 so I change date and time to 2010 and it works fine. You have to run an env script and run license server then can start Houdini.

The maya from there worked as well. I didn't successfully license the xsi version there. I will try to upload things to the FTP when I can.

At the moment I have Power Animator 8.5 and 9 on my own mediafire account if anyone wants to try.

Octane 2x400O2 300O2 400Origin 200 2x250
Intuition
Octane

Threads: 13
Find Reply
06-25-2018, 05:49 PM
Str1kernaut post_id=811 time=1528388310 user_id=203 Wrote:Hello, some time ago i found a software repository for IRIX, i see there are many ISOs, for example Maya, Matador, SoftImage, Mathemica, Photoshop and many other programs. Let me know if they work, because i haven't any SGI machine to test (i've got introduced from Dodoid's videos, but i can't afford any SGI machine because they're too much expensive for my pockets).
If it violates rules i will remove the post.
Link: http://retrogeeks.org/sgi/files

This is good to know about. I was looking for something similar to this the other day! I'll have to check it out.
andybaker2018
O2

Find Reply
07-09-2018, 06:05 AM