prboom - Build issues
prboom - Build issues
Heya guys, 

Frankly Doom on IRIX sucks ass currently. I'm trying to get prboom or Chocolate Doom running. Thus far I'm working with prboom, but building it is a pain:

Code:
2 errors detected in the compilation of "i_main.c".
gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:244: i_main.o] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/admin/devel/prboom-2.5.0/src/SDL'
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:460: all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/admin/devel/prboom-2.5.0/src'
gmake[1]: *** [Makefile:285: all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/admin/devel/prboom-2.5.0'
gmake: *** [Makefile:205: all] Error 2

This is what I get.

To replicate, build sdl 1.2, sdl_mixer 1.2 (requires GCC from what I can see, but everything else builds fine) and sdl_net 1.2

Then, try building prboom.

I used ./config --prefix=/opt/local

with the irisware CFLAGS.

Not sure.

The magma of our souls burns with a mighty flame! Gurren Lagann! Just who in the hell do you think we are!?

Proud member of Team Gurren, the founder, operator, and developer behind IRIX Network. 

I'm carrying on Pete's legacy, and while I'm not perfect, I'm the only man for the job. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

[Image: daigurrensig.png]
Raion
Operator

Threads: 89
Website Find Reply
03-05-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: prboom - Build issues
I have prBoom and I don't recall anything special was needed to get it working, source-wise. (It's the best Doom for IRIX, for sure). I'll find out exactly what version I have and I can give you a binary if you want.

Is that the only output from make?
Axatax
Octane

Threads: 4
Find Reply
03-05-2019, 08:51 PM
RE: prboom - Build issues
C99 spat out some warnings but nothing serious

The magma of our souls burns with a mighty flame! Gurren Lagann! Just who in the hell do you think we are!?

Proud member of Team Gurren, the founder, operator, and developer behind IRIX Network. 

I'm carrying on Pete's legacy, and while I'm not perfect, I'm the only man for the job. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

[Image: daigurrensig.png]
Raion
Operator

Threads: 89
Website Find Reply
03-06-2019, 06:10 PM