IRIX Network Forums
LTO 2 drive - Printable Version

+- IRIX Network Forums (//forums.irix.cc)
+-- Forum: SGI/MIPS (//forums.irix.cc/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Hardware/Triage/Repair (//forums.irix.cc/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LTO 2 drive (/thread-542.html)

LTO 2 drive - Infiltratr - 10-11-2018

I have an old external SCSI LTO2 drive here.  I have plugged it in but to does not seem to recognize.

Can an LTO2 drive work on IRIX??

RE: LTO 2 drive - uunix - 10-11-2018

Yes IRIX supports LTO. Even at prom, hinv should recognize it attached to your external SCSI.

I am though unsure if the prom hinv would report if you had SCSI ID or Terminations issues?

RE: LTO 2 drive - Infiltratr - 10-12-2018

(10-11-2018, 01:10 PM)uunix Wrote: Yes IRIX supports LTO. Even at prom, hinv should recognize it attached to your external SCSI.

I am though unsure if the prom hinv would report if you had SCSI ID or Terminations issues?

Maybe I have a cable problem then.

I have 2 separate LTO2 drives, a mammoth, and a DVD writer drive.  All have internal termination and they if I connect any of the octanes directly to the devices, they all detect.  (If I put on a new Terminator that I just purchased, however, none of them identify at all)

Anyway, no matter what drive I connect up, they all give errors and fail.  Different tapes or cd's - Different devices, same errors.

I have also changed their scsi id's but it seemed to make no difference...

I guess I'll buy another cable and see what happens....   Worst case I can daisy chain 2 at once instead of one at a time.